UNDERSTANDING SINA WEIBO ADVERTISING
Dec 04, 2019 By NetFin
Sina Weibo is one of China’s most popular apps in China digital marketing. It is a hybrid between Twitter and Facebook in the microblogging format and it has more than 500 million active users. So if you are planning to do some Sina Weibo advertising, here are some things you need to understand.
There are four types of Weibo advertising:
- Display Advertisements that have a similar functionality as Facebook and can be accessed in different dimensions. You can adapt them to the mobile and webpage versions of Weibo. These Weibo ads are directed to the advertiser’s homepage when the ad is clicked by a user.
- Weibo Search Engine Promotion, which is a similar version to Google search engine and the marketing strategy, is very similar. In Sina Weibo the search bar is loaded with different buzzing search terms making it the perfect spot to target users within the search brackets. Depending on the popularity of the keywords you choose will be the price.
- Fan Headline, which has the widest reach to audience. It will appear at the top of the user’s feed within 24 hours. It is a very fast way to promote posts or accounts thanks to the uniqueness of updates and social networks of the audience. There are 3 types of Fan Headlines on Weibo Ads:
- Fan Headline for Posts which reaches a user’s feed in 24 hours and you can choose to promote your Weibo post to your followers and as well to potential followers based on users’ interest in different industries or based on the relationship they have with your original followers. Here you can choose one to five Weibo accounts and promote your post to users who are similar to followers of these accounts. So it is very easy to reach many users.
- Fan Headline for Other’s Posts which is very similar to the targeted ads on Facebook. This promotion involves placing another user’s post at or near the top of their follower’s feeds.
- Fan Headline for Accounts which is very similar to Facebook’s page promotion. You, as an advertiser, will promote your page to reach users accounts for follows. Like this, your account will be recommended to new Weibo users who are likely to follow your account.
- Fan Tunnel, which resembles Facebook display ads that appear on the side of the home feed or on the home feed. It is similar to the fan headline as it promotes a post or an account but it will appear at the top of the target audience’s feeds. You can also promote an app through this type of campaign.
China digital marketing is the best way to approach new customers and promote your brand or service to this incredible big market. And now that you know more about Sina Weibo Advertising, make sure to include it in your marketing strategy.