HOW TO SET UP WECHAT OFFICIAL ACCOUNT WITH A FOREIGN BUSINESS LICENSE
Nov 15, 2019 By NetFin
What is a Wechat Official Account?
It enables you to have:
- as many followers as you want
- your own mini-site with a menu tool bar
- sending newsletters to your followers
- the possibility to do some Wechat Digital marketing and especially advertising on Wechat platform
It is really a very efficient marketing tool those days in China.
Wechat Official Account is also called Wechat Business Account.
Can an Individual have a Wechat Official Account?
An individual can have a Wechat personal account with similar functionalities as WhatsApp and Paypal.
An Invidual can also have Wechat Official Subscription Account, that will allow him to have its own mini-site and accept followers. The main requirement for this is to have a Chinese Identification Card.
Can a Foreign Individual have a Wechat Official Account?
Since one of the main requirement being to have a China ID card, a foreign individual can’t have a Wechat Official Account.
Can a Foreign Company have a Wechat Official Account?
The type of account that a foreign company can apply for is Wechat International Official Service Account.
There is an application process that takes around 1 month, few documents and information will be asked to be shown and there will be few verifications test by phone and email from Wechat team.
How to set up a Wechat Business Account for a Foreign Company?
Few information and documents are asked by the Wechat team:
Information required about your COMPANY:
- Business license copy
- Short description of the Company
- Office landline phone number
- Company website
Information required about the LEGAL PERSON:
- Passport copy
- Clear Color photograph or scan of the business card (front and back)
Information required about the CONTACT PERSON:
- Passport copy
- Email address
- Personal Wechat Account number
- Phone number
- Mobile phone number bill of the last 3 month
WECHAT Official Account:
- Suggested Wechat Official Account name
- Brief description
Once provided those documents, Tencent (company owning Wechat) will process with few verifications through phone and emails in order to finish your Wechat Official Account set up.